Starship Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starship Horizon

Starship Horizon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Stay Safe Everyone!
Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 8:26 am by Admin

» People Still Living?
Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 6:28 am by Admin

» Zemara Prime's application
Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:22 pm by Sevens

» Rank Structure
Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:00 pm by Sevens

» Application: Merzan Drex
Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:50 pm by Kano Krimson

» Application: Merzan Drex
Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:48 pm by Kano Krimson

» Shipwide All-call
Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:52 pm by Sevens

» My leave of absence. (Please read)
Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:05 pm by Amity

» Samael Trioyo's application
Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm by Sevens

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Tarek - Personal Log

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarek
Tarek

Tarek - Personal Log Empty
PostSubject: Tarek - Personal Log   Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Internal Chronometer Date: Day 1475 since enlisting, 9 since re-activation.
Star date: 40272.7

I have decided that, in order to be able to more accurately determine whether or not I am progressing on an emotional level, to keep a log. I shall re-analyze my logs yearly to note any differences in my behavior, which I shall record here. It has also come to my attention that more often than not, other members of the crew keep logs to evoke some sort of emotional response, so it would not be far from fact to say I am attempting the same.
There have been few events that have taken place within my knowledge since I was reactivated by the engineers on board the ship. I have met with my superior officers, applied to serve on Ops during both standard and night shifts, met with a few crew members who to say the least are... intriguing.
There were two incidents which stood out from the other experiences I have made so far. Firstly, I was required to 'save' the Captain from the Admiral, who had created a holographic phaser in order to test my response time and decision-making skills. Secondly, I was asked to learn how to 'break dance' which is evidently an archaic form of entertainment on Earth which is fairly difficult for the average human to perform. I then proceeded to perform for and entertain a crowd in a nightclub on the planet Trill. Finally, I have been ordered to look into all files on sociology contained within the ship's database. I have gone through them and I can now somewhat analyze the emotions of others based on tone, speech, and 'body language'. Hopefully, this will allow me to be more helpful to my fellow crew members.
I shall continue to enter logs from this moment onward, perhaps on a weekly basis.

End log.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Tarek

PostSubject: Re: Tarek - Personal Log   Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Internal Chronometer Date: Day 1477 since enlisting, 11 since re-activation
Star date: 40277.6

Since my last entry, I have met a great many new faces on board the ship. I have also managed to re-evaluate the crew manifest, and I have noticed that certain members of the incapacitated crew have began to regain consciousness. I also have met a new cadet from the medical division, a Ms. Aira Harper. She has proven to be a very interesting person, and has a fairly fluent understanding of her duties. This is refreshing to me, as it seems the vast majority of our cadets have some form of short term amnesia. I have requested to Cadet Harper that she bring up Lt. Commander Sivel's injuries in her next conversation with him, as I do not wish for the commander to become infected or possibly put his life at risk by not assisting him myself. Perhaps she will find a way to get him to accept treatment that I could not. I have been manning the bridge for two shifts every day, and still have not managed to note any change in spacial phenomena or ship's systems since the beginning of my duties. I am beginning to question the stagnant nature of our crew. Perhaps it is....a human tendency...

End log
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Tarek

PostSubject: Re: Tarek - Personal Log   Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Internal Chronometer Date: Day 1479 since enlisting, 13 since re-activation
Star date: 40283.7

Since my last entry, our ship has encountered a spot of trouble on its voyage with the Avalon. We appear to be losing power in any systems that are based on the external areas of the ship. Shields, weapons, and eventually, our engines will lose power in approximately 2 days, 6 hours, and 39 minutes. We have the majority of our crew working around the clock, attempting to correct this situation. I myself have logged 83 hours on the bridge, attempting to locate the cause of the problems. However, the only occurrence that seems to be out of place is a strange spatial anomaly that we have collected little information on. It appears we will have to become more creative in our search for remedies our current situation. At this time, I must return to the science lab to resume my research on the problem.

End log.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Tarek

PostSubject: Re: Tarek - Personal Log   Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:07 pm

Internal Chronometer Date: Day 1482 since enlisting, 16 since re-activation
Star Date: 40292.0

After encountering the power reduction problem over 72 hours ago, I have worked around the clock with various engineering teams to determine the cause of the problem. However, with the help of Captain Trelak, we found that the power level fluctuations were caused by a subspace compression anomaly which emitted high levels of gamma radiation, which overloaded the systems it came in direct contact with, mostly external systems. After locating the problem, we sent an energy burst out through the shields to clear the radiation around the hull. Our ship's engineers then managed to restore all systems to peak capacity. Our ship is still following the Takimora Empire Ship, Avalon. I am curious as to where we are headed, although I have heard that there is a possibility our ship will be receiving armaments and refits to be used as a member of the Takimora Fleet. This would be very...intriguing. I am not entirely sure how some of our crew will function in a setting such as this, due to the fact that a great number of starfleet officers are pacifistic in nature. Perhaps I am wrong in assuming that any complication can come of this. Also, I have been attempting to progress artistically, due to the fact that most of the crew members say that art tends to illicit an emotional response. I have chosen the cello because it's tenor vibrations tend to lay in a more balanced range, and therefore can be used for many different emotional displays in music. I have been listening daily to several different musical compilations in order to attempt to personalize my style of playing. It has been a most interesting experience. Perhaps it will be a skill I will one day be able to enjoy.

End Log.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Tarek

PostSubject: Re: Tarek - Personal Log   Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Internal Chronometer Date: Day 1497 since enlisting, 31 since re-activation
Star Date: 40335.6

I have failed to make logs as frequently as I had intended to, due to a slowing down of my positronic net which was caused by a buildup of energy. The energy had been stored at an increased rate due to the strange environmental conditions present inside the nebula which our ship had taken refuge in. The situation that is developing is rather complex, and has put many of our crew outside of their usual comfort parameters. They seem very unhappy with having to serve during a potentially threatening situation. I wonder if this is because of a human response to stress or impending peril... I have since also received a field promotion to the rank of Ensign, which makes me a field officer. I was not anticipating my career to advance so quickly, having only been doing my job at all times. However, I am forced to be convinced that it has something to do with our situation. It is not unlikely that the other crew members have received field commissions as well.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Tarek

PostSubject: Re: Tarek - Personal Log   Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 am

Internal Chronometer Date: Day 1541 since enlisting, 1 since re-activation
Star Date: 40472.9

A note to myself and whoever might check this entry in the future: The rather sizable gap in my logs was caused when I noted that the emergency subroutine which controls what should best be explained as a 'secondary survival instinct' (although I do not posses such an instinct in truth) had been responding in a manner which was far too sensitive to ensure the safety of those aboard the ship. I have been deactivated ever since. Fortunately, Lieutenant Rosden has aided greatly in the re-pathing process and thanks to her diligent work in repairing these unusual damages I am now once again functioning at peak efficiency.

I am unable to create a truly productive log at this time for I have no recollection of any events which took place between now and the date at which I was deactivated. I assume that re-adjusting to the changes aboard the ship will be relatively difficult, as so much is different to me now. I suppose it will be yet another learning experience. I would hope that I have not missed so much as to be rendered useless, although I am almost sure such concern is unnecessary.

End Log.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarek - Personal Log   Tarek - Personal Log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tarek - Personal Log
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Starship Horizon :: Crew Database :: Crew Logs-
Jump to: