Starship Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starship Horizon

Starship Horizon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Stay Safe Everyone!
Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 8:26 am by Admin

» People Still Living?
Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 6:28 am by Admin

» Zemara Prime's application
Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:22 pm by Sevens

» Rank Structure
Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:00 pm by Sevens

» Application: Merzan Drex
Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:50 pm by Kano Krimson

» Application: Merzan Drex
Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:48 pm by Kano Krimson

» Shipwide All-call
Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:52 pm by Sevens

» My leave of absence. (Please read)
Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:05 pm by Amity

» Samael Trioyo's application
Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm by Sevens

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs Empty
PostSubject: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:53 pm

[OOCly Created January 30, 2010]

"Jorune's Log.

"I have now been assigned as Yoeman of the U.S.S. Horizon. I met my Captain, Captain Narris Trelak, yesterday as I reported for duty. But something seemed to instantly make me nervous about my new surroundings. He didn't look at me at first and then seemed, maybe surprised, but too intrigued that Draenei are humanoids. What am I about to encounter on such a ship? You think life is easy under a parent's wing until you crawl out of the nest and life hits you hard. Am I about to go explore my new home and find more then I am prepared?

"Well, I thought I was going to find a place full of more strange species then I could ever remember. But the Naaru have graced me and I am running into them surely but slowly. There was one I met that I don't think I will ever forget; he intrigues me. Or, I think it was male. It's voice was much deeper then females, anyway, but you can't judge this one by it's looks. I had come into the lounge when he was sitting there playing chess. He stood maybe a few feet tall and was covered in a dense, white fur. Much like a canine-like creature and yet he had two tails. I was not expecting him to speak at all. That instantly made him very interesting. But once I realized he was loosing so badly at a game of chess against the computer I realized maybe he was intelligent, but not overly so.

"I looked into his profile on the computer. His species was called a... Zithril? Zyfer? I guess I will have to go look once more. I hope he learns quickly. I felt bad watching the Captain verbally warn the creature for not wearing a uniform. But I remember I only felt bad for a moment because then I also realized I could not picture a uniform for such a creature. I mean, I have been allowed to pass on footwear because of my hooves and customize my dress for my tail and tendrils. But what do you fit on a four-legged creature like that?

"I wonder if this ship will ever grow tiring or an everyday, regular sight to me. I will definitely have to question this creature about these details when I find out his personality. Desaede Sivel, I think it was?

"End log."

Last edited by Jorune on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.delectablesin.deviantart.com/
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:11 pm

[OOCly Created February 02, 2010]

"Jorune's Log.

"I guess I was not around when the memo was passed out and I have been so busy catching up with my work (that I swear someone has been neglecting, when I mention paperwork people will suddenly evaporate) that I didn't stop to actually look if we had any events happening so soon in my own career. I have already made a mistake, it seems.

"Today was a maiden voyage for the U.S.S. Horizon. It is a simple one and we will return to Starvase when we are done with it to finish letting our crew fill in. So I am guessing this was more of a 'test-run' and I am so glad that it is going so well.

"The current 'mission' is simple. Some minor spatial distortions have been detected in this sector, which is probably due to an ion storm that passed through the area about twenty-four hours ago. We have come to the location of the distortions and run some standard scans as well as perform a survey. They have been calling this 'training' for the crew. Though I am just catching up on this work of mine and I'm ready for a nap, to be honest.

End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:26 pm

[OOCly Created February 5th, 2010]

"Jorune's Log.

"Today we were given our launch date. It is approximately three weeks away! I am very excited and I feel I am growing more and more proficient as a Yoeman. I'm all caught up on my work and my days are seeming to get shorter. May they only get shorter by minutes, but it means I am growing that much more comfortable and efficient.

"I have to say the crew is growing quickly and I have found myself glad that some of these species are still not as strange as that Desaede Sivel.

"I have yet to question him about his uniform, by the way. I believe that once I finally found the guts to ask what sort of uniform he wore I was discovering that he has a humanoid form that he also uses. He just prefers to run around as a much smaller creature. Maybe I should try my hand at tailoring and make him a small vest with the uniform's pattern on it. Much like the small, pampered canines of Earth. But I still don't think I know enough about this... man? To decide if he would like that or not. However, I am making plans to. Maybe it will earn me some points on his list?

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:36 pm

[OOCly Created February 10, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"So it has not been some time since I have met both the Captain, Desaede Sivel, and even a few more. But I have also been finding that I am missing the sound of another Draenei. Everyone here has such an accent but I am starting to realize that maybe I am the one that sounds and looks so odd. I have been missing the way my native tongue sounds even with such a harsh accent as mine or the way even our proud Elders sounded so mighty as they praised the Naaru and even sounded to soothing the way they whispered the same words.

"It almost reminds me of my Captain. I have found that Captain Trelak is a very kind man. He follows the books when the books need to be followed but when everything is safe, secure and correct he relaxes and is just an enjoyable person. He is not the Captain to take time to make sure everyone's knows he's on top but only asserts himself when he needs to. Sometimes I actually forget he knows how to bark a correction or an order when he's sitting with me and Desaede over a lunch and having a good laugh or fun conversation.

"Or maybe I am just looking for a friendship because I am missing all the ones left behind. Through the years of study and the books, I had no time to miss companionship or a good belly laugh over a lunch. But now that I have seemed to find it again I think I fear forgetting it a second time.

"I have already decided this ship, the U.S.S. Horizon, is definitely a home. And these people, my crewmates... Are definitely a family.

"But I have to admit, Deerah... aKhara Erûnak... I miss you all terribly more and more. I will have to design your memories into a holoprogram so that way I might see you smile again.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:54 pm

[OOCly Created February 13, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"I think the Captain is getting anxious to see the ship off. I have to admit, I am as well. He is always smiling and always happy to hear good news about things being prepared, finished, worked on or even researched. I am glad I have been assigned to such a fine Captain that appreciates everything his crew is doing and doesn't just expect them for their double-shifts and hard work because it is what they were trained to do. I was afraid I would have been assigned to a Captain that fed us like fine-tuned machines that we've been trained like. But now I don't even know why I bothered worrying about it.

"I've been busy lately with a particular assignment I've been given. I have been asked to check with the Chiefs and Heads of all departments This is an easy task but I am finding more then one asking if they can get back to me. This makes it difficult on me getting it done quickly but I guess getting it done precisely correct is the much better way to go about such a duty for such an event. Now I wish I could just find the Chief of Engineering... Maybe I should finish that little uniform I was making Desaede and take it to him while I look for the Chief. He's always in engineering.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:11 pm

[OOCly Created February 19, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"With our launch date a week away I'm finding myself with not much to do. The Captain's assignments have been coming fewer. Maybe this is a good sign and it means I have been able to properly execute my duties to the point he does not need to hint at assignments? Or maybe I have way too much faith in myself. He is, afterall, very occupied with his final reports and such.

"After thinking though, I have to say I have not taken the time to meet many more new crew members as of late. I know there's an android in sickbay but... I am not interested in meeting any androids as of yet. I do not think that I am properly prepared. But on the other hand I better get to know them while they are functioning.

"I do have to say that I am a little worried about the launch date being so close finally. I worry how much use I am going to be on the bridge. Afterall, what is there for me to do? I think I will stay in my quarters for the launch this time.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:03 pm

[OOCly Created February 27, 2010]

"Jorune's Log.

"Today was the U.S.S. Horizon's launch date! It was very anticipated and very well executed. By now I am proud to be one of the U.S.S. Horizon's crew members.

"I've also finally started the Nagrand holoprogram. This will be a personal project for mine. I want to include everything I remember, but... I only have one problem with that. I was with the crew of Draenei that went into hiding to save our lives instead of our race... I do not remember Nagrand after the Draenei genocide. I only remember the day before and the morning of. It's just burned into my mind."

Jorune's voice grew softer in the recording.

"But I am sure both of you, Deerah and Erûnak, will smile in my program and would smile with me if we could stand together in those fields once more. I promise I'll make sure we have Talbuk to break in, Elekk to choose as companions... I will even make sure those annoying Nether Hawks that stole our offerings for the Naaru at night. Haha, I promise we'll have fun waving them off like we used to every morning.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:18 pm

[OOCly Created March 5, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"I've seen to have come down with some sort of sickness. It's not too bad though. Only headaches, nausea and the sniffles. For now I have decided to stay in my room though incase there are other species aboard that might have trouble coping with illnesses. I wouldn't want to get anyone ill, you know?

"So I have been unable to report and my duties have been carried out through the computer's help and a simple P.A.D.D. that I sometimes carry around with me. I have to say though, I'm going to have to catch up with some duties when this is over.

"It gets sort of lonely. And the computer won't sing for me...

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:49 pm

[OOCly Created March 8, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"I don't even know how to start this time. I have never seen such a thing happen and only read about these circumstances in the textbooks. These are very depressing times.

"Once I felt better I did come out of my room and was catching up on some work when I ran into the Captain and Desaede Sivel. He has been promoted to a Commander now, so I guess he must be more intelligent then I gave him the day we met. Maybe he is just bad at Chess? They mentioned that we were starting a mission the next day so I chose to spend that day in my quarters getting all that catching up done.

"I had never expected the sudden tossing I was given, or even the aftershocks that was also felt. But I chose to, again, stay in my quarters instead of getting in the way. What if something went wrong? Well, something obviously went wrong. What if we were being attacked or boarded? My useless presence would have only gotten in the way and perhaps made it more difficult for the situation to be handled and dominated.

"I also thought the nice bruise I got on my rear end was the worst of my day. I mean, sure, my room had been terrorized and nothing was practically left on the shelves or standing, but... Until I exited my quarters once things calmed down.

"There was so much damage, people laying in the hallways as medical tried frantically to find the worst ones and do their best, but... Even most of the medical was laying on the ground. I quickly realized most of those that were moaning in pain were going to die without the help of the medical that was also just laying on the ground. I kneeled next to the closest man and realized he was a young human, pressing my hand to his forehead and casting my blessing on him. But I never saw him again. I don't think he lived.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:53 pm

[OOCly Created March 10, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"The day after the incident I was called to a meeting. The Captain informed me and Desaede that the ship was operating with a skeleton crew, barely able to even keep up with what needed to be done. I tried to be happy about it, because I had seen this before, but I really was in an ill mood. Me and Desaede got into a conversation about the differences with our tails (don't ask how we got there, I don't remember) and it ended up in an arguement. The Captain just let him leave the room when it was me that was feeling offended. I am angry at both of them now. I should have at least gotten an apology for what Desaede said. But it is the last of my worries right now...

"Apparently the U.S.S. Horizon had found the nebula we were looking for. But a black hole appeared and sucked us right into an alternate dimension. Here it is where we met the Avalon, another ship, that is not part of Starfleet. They are a part of the Empire... Something along those lines. But they have agreed to tow us and help us with repairs as long as we aide them in their mission at the same time. We have no choice but to listen... Oh, what have we gotten into? I feel as if those belly laughs over lunch will be hard to find about now.

"But the day did choose an odd way to end. Even after the arguement and Desaede left, even if I was in such a sour mood, the Captain still wanted to ask me something. And he asked me to share a dinner with him? Maybe that is simply a common thing for Trill and I'm thinking a little too hard about it. We'll see.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:04 pm

[OOCly Created March 15, 2010]

"Jorune's logs.

"I had the oddest experience today. Apparently I did not have a very full understanding of a holodeck. I didn't pay attention too well when learning those through training, obviously. I was always under the impression that a holodeck used your previous memories to make a surrounding you and the crew can interact with. I was so frightened that I would step inside and have to face Kil'Jaeden and the Burning Legion once more. I would have to watch all the chases and damage to the ships and planets he chased us off of. I would have to face the Orcs and the genocide once more. Have to see my people and their blood once more. Or have to watch the Blood Elves sabotage our warp engines and break the Draenite crystals it used for power. To have to watch the crash landing 'pon Azeroth once more. I'd have to watch the landscapes of Azeroth twist and turn ugly under the radiation of our Draenite Crystals once more... I was, I guess, afraid of my own memories even though I am proud of them and my strength.

"But I decided if anyone was going to have to see anything, when I found the Captain and Desaede enjoying a program already running, I joined them since it was public and unlocked. But what I stepped into had no death, no blood, no mutated creatures at all. But instead I found myself in the... Balor Urn, I think it was? It was a place full of Trill and they all seemed to either be flirting or relaxing.

"I found Desaede and the Captain in the center (Where else would I man want to be besides in the middle of flirty women?) getting backrubs from two specific Trill. Desaede apparently knows I am still angry with him because he left in quite a hurry after shouting some half-meaningful apologies at me. Had he actually said them to me instead of acting out of fear I might have forgiven him right then and there. But the Trill woman that had been pampering him followed him.

"I was then confronted by a male Trill, who asked if I wanted anything, and as sly as I was I simply asked if he could get the attention of the female rubbing all over the Captain's back.

"Now, it wasn't the back-rubbing I didn't like. It was the fact he had to go create his own holoprogram to get one? I felt sorry for the poor man! I sat down to finish what the woman had started, and the Captain told me I did not have to. But I did anyway. He relaxed right under my hands... I think I have learned my Captain's soft spot. I don't think he'd turn down a good back rub.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:17 pm

[OOCly Created March 17, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"So tonight me and the Captain had that dinner. It wasn't nearly as bad as what I was thinking. It was simple and I tried a few of his favorite foods and wines. We also sat and talked and it was all in the lobby.

"Well, I guess I tried a favorite food and a favorite wine of his, not really many. They were Utte-berry crepes? Something like that. And Bajoran Springwine. I enjoy tart and sour flavors but these were very sweet. At the same time, it was something new and I enjoyed them very much. I will have to remember they are a favorite of his. Crepes would sound wonderful as a surprise breakfast!

"And he wanted to know more about me. While I am used to having my race left out of some databases and answering numerous questions about our past, development, history, everything someone could want to know... He really did want to know out of curiousity. I started all the way back with how Sargerus tried to swoon Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, and Velen to serving the Burning Legion's army, how Velen foresaw what a mutated, savage and ugly race we would have become and... Well, everything. About Argus, my home planet, about the Broken, the Lost Ones, the Exodar, the Outlands, the blood elves, the orcs... And he asked questions and actually listened.

"But near the end of my story Desaede came into the lobby. He still refuses to calmly come to me and apologize for offending me but instead he threw himself on the floor in a childish display and demanded if I were never going to forget him to just step on him and put him out of his misery. Now, this should have made me even angrier, because the Captain left, but... How could Desaede ask I physically hurt him? He was my crewmate and my family to me. We had to get along and we had to trust each other on missions if things were going to get done correctly and smoothly. So I picked him up, held him against my bosom, and sat down and pet him. I told him what I felt about being crewmates and family and whatnot. I told him I could never harm him... But he honestly seemed simply interested in being pet. He just melted!

"So in the last few days I have uncovered the Captain's taste for backrubs and Desaede's tastes for being pet. I have also discovered some of the Captain's favorite things he enjoys eating. I think I've seen some good days. Now, if only, someone'd rub my tendrils... Oh, yes...

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:27 pm

[OOCly Created March 30, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"So I have to admit most of my off-duty time has gone into spending time with Desaede and the Captain. You'll often find us hanging around the lobby over some food and drinks, or you'll even find us having some fun in the holoprogram. I really do enjoy these two; you don't find senior officers with such a laid back personality that like to just have fun and relax. Most of the uptight ones are even uptight off-duty, or at least I thought so. I don't think so anymore.

"Occasionally when I am working on a P.A.D.D. over something to eat or drink the Captain and Desaede like to pop in and also grab something to eat. They're very talkitave. Oh! And Desaede still loves to be pet on. But I have started to listen more to the Captain, I find, because I've noticed how much the weight of the ship's catastrophies weigh on his shoulders. He really does take our lives on a personal level instead of just a professional one. And since we've not had a Counselor fill in for the last one, I want him to know he has someone to talk to. Someone that will listen without spreading his words. If he does not, he'd get so lonely at the top of the food-chain.

"The Captain still asks questions about my race. Over dinner a few nights ago I had told him that I was a Shaman. Though I never took any training as a Shaman and instead chose this as a career. I do not know how to craft my totems, call on the elements, or any of that. I do, however, have the Gift of the Naaru like all Draenei.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:35 pm

[OOCly Created April 02, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"I have to say, it took almost two months, but I am at a very happy place with my work. I finally feel I am the best that I could be with my work and that it is all being done in a very timely and professional manner. It feels good to feel like you know what you are doing. Maybe now I am able to take on a bit more. I remember the Captain mentioning to me once that I could learn some bridge work. I'll have to remember it.

"Oh! I almost forgot. I was relaxing in the lounge tonight when Desaede came and joined me. And then the Captain came and joined us as well. But I've met yet another new face. There was a man that came in behind the bar and put on such a spectacular display as he served us some drinks. Infact, I was sure he was human until he mentioned installing drink mixes and tricks. He must of been an android. But I have never seen an android used for bartending purposes. It was strange. Maybe he's still being tested before being released into a position?

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:48 pm

[OOCly Created April 03, 2010]

"Jorune's logs.

"It may be a bit early for another log but I did have something funny happen to me today in the lobby. I was off-duty for once and in my usual leathers when Desaede came into the lobby all dressed up in funny ninja-like armor! I tried to make a joke and I told the computer we were under attack by ninjas and to deploy the pirates. But this not only made Desaede jump right out of his skin at first but an android had over heard me, the android from last night, and apparently took me literally.

"I remember the Captain addressed him as Tarek. But he was not behind the bar? Maybe he was ready to be put into action? So I decided to test him. We rambled on like I thought he was in a love-affair with me and he had forgotten. I really did end up confusing him and I sort of feel bad. I'll have to make sure not to do that again.

"But I guess the rambling and confusing didn't do my any good either. There was a lovely woman behind the bar in a china dress that gave me a drink to help ease my fake nerves and the Captain then introduced the ships new counselor to me. Nonetheless, she let me know if I needed someone to talk to about my affair with the android I was welcome to come see her.

"Today was definitely an interesting day.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:00 pm

[OOCly Created April 10, 2010]

"Jorune's logs.

"Remember I mentioned I had met the Counselor? Well apparently she has a twin sister that I have also gotten to meet today. They're such a close and lovely pair of ladies! They almost make me jealous that my own sister is not with me today.

"I think I have finally finished our holoprogram, as well. And as I promised I did not forget the way the water fell down the hills and spilled into the valley in pools, it's spidery-streams bringing life to everything they came near. I did not forget the grazing Talbuk or the wandering Elekks. I did not forget those nasty hawks. I did not forget the camps of the orcs, the trade and all the fruit-bearing trees we would pick. I definitely did not forget Telaar. And inside Telaar, amoung all the Draenei and the children laughing and playing with the chickens, is you Deerah. And remember the son we always laughed about, aKhara Erûnak? Well you have him now. He looks just like you. But I've made sure you two were not alone and I made sure to give him your lover's eyes. They're very bright and happy, just how you like them. Just the way you used to compliment my own. I know you'll all be very happy.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:03 pm

[OOCly Created April 15, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"I have once again ran into the android. He was speaking about fixing the lights that were always dimming out. I never did understand why they did that, I had just assumed that they had been forgotten when the ship was being repaired. But then I looked into the computer to see if any reports were being made on them.

"It turns out that we have gone and glew through a subspace compression field and the high concentration of gamma radiation has been causing the slow overloading of all external systems. I am glad we have someone as intelligent as this android on the job. I know things will be fixed soon!

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:11 pm

[OOCly Created April 20, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"I have to admit. I am damned tired of seeing the Avalon's rear end. But as far as I know we are still here to help them complete their mission... Whatever that may be. I actually wonder if they don't have a mission and are just trying to see how long we'll cling to them like lost dogs. And I do not like it.

"I am becoming more and more confused about the Captain and how I spend my off-duty time. When I started speaking about relationships, asking about the Trill, he told me they shy away from romantic situations and such. I told him I didn't think relstionships were as strong without romantic things here and there. And, well, things did not end up too well. He started talking about kissing and fraternization. I think the conversation got a little too deep and personal. But I am definitely going to make sure to find some more recreational things to do. I do not wish for conversations to end up too personal and get either me or him into any trouble.

"And he wonders why I do not ask questions about the Trill...

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:26 pm

[OOCly Created April 25, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"Another disaster has struck us here in the U.S.S. Horizon. This time I was even on the bridge!

"The Avalon reported a pet tribble's hair had got stuck in their control panel and they had to stop to fix this issue. After a few hours we were ready to start again. Things went as usual until we entered warp and were suddenly send hurtling in another direction through space. We do not know how fast or how far. We do just know that we were going at very high speeds in an unknown direction. When we came to a stop our poor ship was sitting at a warzone.

"I did not recognize the ships right away but that might have been because I hit my head when we were tossed. I knew right away that despite the fact my horns were the one that hit the wall, my head was already pounding. I remember much larger ships ripping apart the smaller ships as we frantically tried to get our ship out of there. Then I remember even the larger ships leaving as, what I think was another black hole, had opened where a large weapon was firing at the large ship. I knew whatever made such a large ship, ripping others apart, run like that must have been terrible.

"I also remember, as we tried to get out of the way of the fire, we were suddenly being pulled back. Tarek reported it as a tractor beam and despite his attempts he could not get us out of it. But when it did pull us back I was getting out of the Captain's chair after checking communications and had fallen again. This time it knocked the wind out of me and I suddenly had trouble seeing. I had to close my eyes and wait a moment for the pounding to go away.

"When I got up I remember hearing the only medical officer we had with us saying, "Captain?" and I knew that something else was wrong. He was a few feet away also laying on the ground. We had no lights at this time and since I was so useless, I chose him as a responsibility. I had blessed him with my Gift of the Naaru as I tried to feel around his head, his neck and even his shoulders for any sign of blood. Skin had not broken but he was definitely out cold. So I knew it had to of been his head that was injured.

"I had looked up then, to make sure the Counselor was also alright, but she had taken control since the Captain was down. I then remember we stopped once we were pulled into whatever had the tractor beam on us. And our ship was suddenly swarmed full of small droids that were fixing and repairing everything. I didn't know they were fixing at first and they could have been here to invade or attack even more! I held the Captain to my chest and one of them passed right over me, ignoring me, so I rushed him to sickbay.

"Once in sickbay you could imagine how busy and concerned they were that their Captain had been handed to them. I was having trouble standing or seeing at this point and I remember one offering me medical help but I was concious and that was already a plus compared to what I could see of the damage.

"I returned to my quarters. It was then that I realized I had definitely damaged the base of my horns, maybe my skull. I knew it was swelling and pressure was building so I broke the skin to give the pressure somewhere to go. Anywhere but staying in my head. I then broke the skin around my other horn and got the same reaction. I have damaged them both. I skipped on a shower. Like it would have been working anyway? I tried to sleep but I could not find a comfortable position that my horns were not touching the bed or anything. But if my head was comfortable, my headache was still screaming at me.

"I still do not think I will be finding sleep anytime soon.

"End log. Just end it."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:30 am

[OOCly Created April 28, 2010]

"Jorune's Logs.

"Sorry for the late log, I was having trouble sleeping. Probably because I seemed to have been sleeping all night and apparently a good part of my morning as well.

"What do I mean? I remember having a few drinks with the Counselor and the Captain the night after the second catastrophe to hit our ship happened two days ago. So this was last night, in other words. I remember trying to help my poor Captain loosen up and relax some; letting his nerves go. He definitely needed it; he treats us just like we are all family to him and since he is responsible for this ship and our lives it hurts him so very much when we loose lives. I remember it started with a simple meal once he told me he was going off-duty. None of this went on on-duty, of course. It was sandwiches and that Bajoran Springwine he likes so much. I remember after two glasses he was done' he refused to drink more with me. I remember I started making toasts then. I toasted... I think it was our crew for pulling us through a situation that could have been our demise. Then a toast to the fallen (which I got him to take a hearty drink for that one). Then a toast to him himself... I also remember toasting the Counselor for taking up the Captain's responsibility when he was unconcious on the bridge. And inturn, I was toasted for... I do not know, at this point I think they could have toasted a Tribble for purring.

"But then when I went to bed last night I remember changing into my sleepwear. I put on a loose, comfortable shirt and then I remember fumbling as I tried to kick my hooves into my pant's legs. I shouldn't do that, I have shortened the length of many pants that way, but I had had some drinks. I then remember falling and grabbing the chair I have been using to sleep on for support but... Then I only remember waking up to the Captain standing behind a medic that was cleaning something off of my head. I apparently hit my head hard, or at least hard enough to finish off the head injury that had been plaguing me for two days now. My horn had to be set because power is still down and the bone could not be regenerated or fixed. I also know once the medic left the Captain himself helped me clean my face and my hair of my blood. And then the Captain left so that way I could change and I cleaned up my shoulder, chest and side some before getting into my spare pair of pajamas.

"My mind is sill rolling around. It's hurting me, which I will not admit to my Captain since he worried, and I am trying to make sure there are things I did not forget. There are also things I cannot forget... Things that will probably plague my mind for some time. Things I do not want to forget but would rather... cherish? Is that the right word? To hold onto, I guess. Is that childish?

"I do not know. But I do know I am going to crawl into bed once more and attempt sleep before I simply fall asleep right here. I am sure if someone came to check on me and I fell asleep right here I would be reprimanded. I am most likely going to crawl back into my chair to attempt sleep. I have been sitting in the chair backwards, placing my rear to my ankles and my knees to the cushion. This way I lean forward and can press my forehead to the headrest without my horns or my head taking any sort of pressure. It is uncomfortable and I often wake up having to stretch my back and revive the blood flow in my legs but it is sleep. I am sure this can only get better from now on.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:09 am

[OOCly Created May 1st]

"Jorune's Log.

"I meant to come and make a log last night but I was preoccupied. There goes the promise to myself to make sure these are frequent for adequate details.

"Yesterday the ship was fired up once more after days without power. She powered right up beautifully! In fact, there seems to have been updates made to the ship. She was running with upgraded shields, weapons, power, you name it. It was such a wonderful sight.

"I then went down to sickbay but, as you could imagine, they were so busy with those who were in dire need of medical attention I simply asked if I could come back tomorrow to repair my horn. They seemed somewhat relieved I was able to wait.

"So I went to the Counselor's office next and I made an appointment with her. It was urgent I had someone to speak too, my mind's been cloudy lately.

"So the next day I went to see her first. I felt better speaking to her in the confines of her office, but I am not comfortable with the fact I just emptied my mind and troubles on her. It is true this is what she enjoys, her line of work, and it is true it made me feel better to hold nothing back but tears and frustration, but... She simply echoed my thoughts, telling me what I have been telling myself. And I have to admit I feel much more confident in my thoughts now that I have someone else behind me.

"I went down to sickbay after I went to see the Counselor. I have to say I ran into someone who was just coming out of training and once he attempted to remove the mold before the bone beneath had been regenerated and repaired, causing me great pain, I was tempted to leave. But a more advanced medical person was available and did the job wonderfully and quickly. She even removed the bruises that were still lingering! It's nice to see we still have experienced crew members to teach the new ones as they come in.

"Then I was told to report to the bridge. We took the U.S.S. Horizon out of the gases that were surrounding the repair station that we were in and took her through a ship graveyard. It was strange though because... There were no bodies. I didn't even think about it at first. Once out of the graveyard we were confronted by sixteen ships, a few bigger then the others. I... I remember we entered warp and then I remember seeing the android Tarek make an odd sound and face before falling to the floor.

"Those androids; I know what they are capable of! I could have swore it was the end of someone because the Captain had rushed up to see if he was alright before he malfunctioned and then took his station! And the Counselor was at a station beside him!

"We ended up having to take out many of the ships when they pursued us. And by the time that ended Engineering had come down and got the Android running again. It frightened me when he jumped back up off of the floor. I thought he was going to take out the Captain when Captain Trelak leaned over to him. I really did. And I shouted at the Captain before I could even think twice about what I was doing. But... Tarek did not hurt anyone. He was simply confused. I sort of feel bad for judging him so poorly. I will have to try to relax around the androids.

"All in all I have had an eventful few days. And with the replicators back up I am starving for a good meal! The last one I had, a sandwich, did not taste as good as it looked. It seems I am still fond on Earth's foods. Now that the power is back up and running I am hoping to jump into some simulations with Commander Desaede; he has agreed to teach me Helm, Ops and Tactical Stations one at a time. It's a big task that will take me awhile, I know, but I am simply going to take on Tactical first. Our Security Officer, Etana Sol, tends to be late from what I can see. I cannot imagine the look on Captain Trelak's face when I ask if I could take Tactical to help one day. He probably won't hand it over very quickly...

"But with systems up and running once again, I've got a few things to catch up on. I've been without my job for the past few days.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:48 pm

[OOCly Created May 4th]

"Jorune's Logs.

"Everything seems to have calmed back down. I have started to see a bad habit of mine, actually. It took a few months for me to notice it but when I am involved in something for the first time, something I've never done before, I'm very withdrawn, nervous or even frightened when it came to Tarek malfunctioning on the bridge. The Captain started a holoprogram with Commander Sivel, Counselor Rosden and I and he chose something called 'hydrosailing'. Not only were the costumes rediculously tight I was afraid they would have restrained my tail, irritated my tendrils, made it hard for my legs to walk... When, actually, I knew I could have had the computer edit them. It was simply a good excuse because I was nervous about something new. I am going to make a goal to stop doing this. I mean, I am not entirely afraid but I can't let nervousness overtake me if I have to, say, do something new on the bridge. It would be impossible for me to function correctly.

"Commander Sivel has taught me the basics of the Tactical station. I am trying to keep on it and practice everyday. I am rediculously slow at targeting still. And sometimes in my haste I will forget to use phasers on shields and just start using torpedos. And sometimes I'll get so caught up in correctly targeting... I won't even look at the enemy ship's information panel which I should really start paying attention to. I have a long way to go before I can test or use this on the bridge but that's alright with me. I would rather be so comfortable I'm over confident in my abilities on the bridge once I get there, rather then be a little nervous about messing up. My loved ones and crew members lives could be at stake. But the skills and the expertise will only come with time and experience.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:20 am

[OOCly Created May 7th]

"Jorune's Logs.

"Due to my promise to myself I am still making sure to make my logs often even though there is not much to report. It really is nice that the Horizon has slowed down again and given everyone a chance to enjoy the friendships we have created through our travels so far.

"I am proud to be a member of this family. To the point that I do not know what I would do without them. What happens once we catch up with the Avalon? We help them on their mission? And then what? We find or discover a way home? I am afraid of being reassigned, to be honest. But with years those things do come and I have chosen this life and need to accept that. But for now I am going to enjoy the moment and live for the minute.

"I have met some new people such as a Cadet by the name Bastian Emmerich. I aided him in the sickbay and just hours later he joined me for a drink in the lounge. He was wonderful conversation and I do hope to get to see more of the man. He is Security and he is stubborn; something tells me I might only see him here and there due to business.

"I still practice the tactical station in the holodeck when I can. But I think I need to work on my hand and eye coordination. So I've been diving into programs such as phaser practice so that way I can both keep myself training and ot get bored or frustrated with the same thing.

"The only other thing that's changed, I guess, is me. I have made sure to keep to my promise to myself to not be so anxious about new things. I have been trying new things and have even been in deep water and sands. I normally don't like these things because of my hooves, I am not good in either terrain, but I have simply voiced my nervousness and those who were around me respected that. And I did try them.

"With both me, my mind and my friendships being able to grow now in a comfortable setting it's very nice and enjoyable.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:14 am

(So I don't look back and think I neglected her logs I'm making a note. Jorune has been removed from the Horizon when it was boarded and logs have ceased. May 8th to May 13th.)
Back to top Go down
Jorune
Asist. Admin
Jorune

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:28 am

[OOCly Created May 14.]

"Jorune's Logs.

"I have to admit, I am not even sure where to begin this time. Looking back on the logs where I was so frantic because the ship and crew had taken damage was almost nothing compared to being boarded. And abducted.

"But you never forget someone's name when they make such a huge impression on you. Xan'visr Sevelius, the Shal'estan, Supreme Commander of the Crimson Forces. In all my years I don't think I have ever put my body through a more grueling and painful process as trying to stay strong through this man's interrogation. It was impossible to anticipate his next move.

"When the Horizon became under attack so quickly I instantly knew I was still useless on the bridge. I asked permission to go bring aide to those who were not on the bridge. To help Medical, anyone who needed it, and was denied. I may not have understood at the time what a bother someone's untrained presence could have been on other crew members but I can see it now. I remember I made a comment about how we had more in medical then we needed, and was being sharp-tongued about it, which I constantly regretted the entire time I was in captivity. And have asked to be properly punished for. I feel as though, when punishment was denied, I am being treated special because of what the Shal'estan's have put me through. I do not like it.

"I do not remember lasting long when I was beamed off of the Horizon's bridge. There was a thick gas and it burnt my lungs. But I do remember only getting to see the odd stone flooring of this ship before everything went black and became a mystery to me.

"I remember waking up with my wrists and ankles restrained to the corners of a tall, wooden surface. That was when the white Shal'estan came in and introduced himself. He immediatly started asking me questions about security codes, Commander Sivel, Captain Trelak, my position on the ship and my duties. Haha, I remember, I gave him such ruthless and smartassed answers. I told him if he wanted through security he would have to ask the computer nicely and use voice recognition. He was frustrated right away with me and I thought that this was going to be a good thing but I as quickly put in my place. My arms and legs started to be pulled on. They grew tighter and tighter until I felt an immense pain and you just know when something has been dislocated. I thought I was going to be pulled apart. But he tightened them until every limb had dislocated. I told him I would give him better answers then. He loosened everything only to put my limbs back in place and tell me he didn't want my answers. Not until next time. And he began to pull me apart again. I don't know how long this went on but I remember starting to anticipate when he would tighten the grips. I would use my shoulders or hips to pull back, to help him dislocate me, only because I knew he was going to put me back together that much sooner. But I didn't expect him to start running electricity through my binds. I couldn't relax, I couldn't anticipate... I swear, my very muscles were being pulled apart.

"I was left like that that night. When he came in the next morning I awoke to a sharp pain bearing down on my stomach. He had hit me; taken his huge fist and slammed it down on my stomach. He started asking the same questions and I thought I could anticipate how he would tear me apart today. I denied him his answers. For punishment I was injected with an acid he said was going to 'Rupture my blood vessels'. But he had started a medical regenerator. He kept me alive through the whole process. I had never felt such pain. He asked about the Commander. I told him the Commander's name was Velen and that he was a Civilian Contractor. I don't know how but he knew I was lying. I remember tasting my blood in my mouth from my attempts at talking through my screams. I told him the Commander's name... And rank. And he even asked the Commander's weaknesses. I told him the Commander reacted poorly to blood. That the Commander had suffered a horrible upbringing and the smells and sights of blood caused him to mentally breakdown. I had hoped if the Commander was hurt, or the Horizon attacked again, that the damned Zythel would rip them all apart. I was given a neutralizer for the acid eating at me and asked about the Captain. I was told the neutralizer was only for a certain type of acid and that he was going to feed more and more into my body to get results. I told him to kill me.

"When I came to next it was once again by his fist against my stomach. The sharp pains were worse now; I knew I had to have been internally damaged. But this time he asked me about the Captain again. I ignored him and he asked about my race. I was... Surprised. Why would someone be afraid to tell their race's story? I was happy to tell him and I was happy knowing I did not have to lie. I was not punished. And I was left on that rack in peace that morning. I tried to sleep once more, to keep my strength up for all these visits, but I was woke once more. I could not believe what I saw. It was Captain Trelak, Commander Sivel, Etana Sol and Tarek. The Captain let me down and ran for the door to make sure it was still clear. The Commander asked me if I was alright and hugged me. But then the Captain turned and said he was going to 'cut loose ends' as he upped a phaser's power. I begged him not to. He killed the Commander right there in my arms and then fired on me. I remember him taking Sol and Tarek and leaving. I remember staring at Commander Sivel's blank face laying there beside me.

"But then those Shal'estans were back. They had heard the commotion of the away team, I was sure. Xan'visr asked me why my own turned against me. I remember one of his Shal'estans tried to heal my phaser burns. I waited until I was healed enough it could not hinder me much. I turned and kicked this Medic's feet out from under him. The bones in his legs crumpled under my hoof and I used the moment of surprise to get up. He didn't fight back at all as I grabbed the fur on the side of his head and twisted it completely around. Xan'visr asked me why I was killing. Why I was fighting. He told me he would have to fight back if I hurt him. So I told him to stay away and all would be fine. He reached for a pocket and, I don't know what he threw, but I didn't stay to find out. I ran up to him and dodged to the side to kick once more. I am not a combat person but my legs are stronger then human-like races. But everything went black again when my hoof connected to the taur-like creature's lower shoulderblades.

"I woke up in a cell. I do not know what or when it was anymore. I couldn't tell you if it was morning. His voice came through a speaker. I knew it was Xan'visr but he left me there this time. I waited for all to become clear and I sat up in my bed. I thought to myself, "What have I done to these Shal'estans? I definitely did not respect their life when I tried to kill them and actually killed one. But... Captain Trelak was not going to punish me, Starfleet was not going to punish me; no one wanted me alive. I didn't want to be alive. I started bashing my head into that wall as hard as I could. I knew I wouldn't kill myself but I hoped I could damage myself enough by the time the pain took me out I would bleed to death. But I didn't. Those Shal'estans kept me alive.

"Why did they keep me alive? I couldn't say. The next day I was allowed to bathe. In fact, I remember I so desperately wanted to stay away from more interrogation because I knew I had no information that would help these people invade or capture the Horizon. So I told myself to make myself as handy as I could. I asked Xan'visr to stay with me when I bathed. I bathed quickly and dedicated most of my attention to helping him wash his lower and upper backs. I took time to watch what he did with his armor. I took time to fee the spine and the structure of his body to help in finding a weak spot on this race.

"I was returned to my cell that night. It had been days and I told him the next day that if he did not allow me a meal I would not be able to continue to give him amusement. I was allowed a meal. I was even allowed a weapon and to study their technology. Anything that kept me gaining their trust and keeping my mind off of the Horizon. I was given answers to questions about them, their past, their systems. It sounded like I was really trusted. I asked why and was told that since the Horizon did not want me anymore I was no longer an enemy.

"After a few days the away team came. I thought they were here to finish me off. I thought I was being abducted from my captors to face more punishment. I do not remember much of that morning, probably because of my mental state, but I remember being explained it was all a lie. They never hurt me. The body of my Commander that laid in my cell for three days as I slept was a lie.

"Deep down... I think I knew this. This family of mine could not hurt me. I still find myself in situations that bring on memories so vivid I can feel the pain again. The nightmares are always like that. But I am back home; I think I can heal and grow stronger from what I have been through. I can't imagine the reactions I am going to get from my reports and the counseling session I have been asked to take. But right now, I need sleep, a hot bath and a good meal with my friends once more.

"End log."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs   Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crew Logs - Jorune's Logs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next