Starship Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starship Horizon

Starship Horizon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Stay Safe Everyone!
Member Plots I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 8:26 am by Admin

» People Still Living?
Member Plots I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 6:28 am by Admin

» Zemara Prime's application
Member Plots I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:22 pm by Sevens

» Rank Structure
Member Plots I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:00 pm by Sevens

» Application: Merzan Drex
Member Plots I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:50 pm by Kano Krimson

» Application: Merzan Drex
Member Plots I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:48 pm by Kano Krimson

» Shipwide All-call
Member Plots I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:52 pm by Sevens

» My leave of absence. (Please read)
Member Plots I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:05 pm by Amity

» Samael Trioyo's application
Member Plots I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm by Sevens

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Member Plots

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sevens
Administrator
Sevens

Member Plots Empty
PostSubject: Member Plots   Member Plots I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm

I know a lot of our characters have unique traits, Narris included, so I was thinking that it would be neat to feature these traits in a number of plots, as we see often in Star trek itself. To that end, i would like to hear from you guys, let me know what's unique about a character that you think could make good plotlines and how. i will take these ideas before the rest of the admin team and discuss it with you as well.

For me then:

Narris is a joined trill, meaning that he has a trill symbiont living in a symbiotic relationship with him. There are plenty of things that can go wrong with this, both psychological and physiological that would, without access to Trill medical technology and information, prove a serious challenge for the crew of the Horizon.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Tarek

Member Plots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Plots   Member Plots I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:00 am

I am an android. My current position is Ops because of the amount of calculations I'm capable of performing. Androids have plenty of weaknesses to counter their strengths. For one, they are pretty bad at reading others, and can't always console you when it comes to emotions. Secondly, he doesn't operate well in EM fields, and can fall apart pretty quickly. Probably most importantly though, he isn't brilliant with imagination, so not always the perfect problem solver. Although with the right clues he can piece out of the ordinary situations together. As per any special abilities or what not, mental capacity, superhuman strength, good hearing and eyesight, and near flawless aim and reaction time, and the fact that I can survive with only my head would be a good place to start. He wants to be able to feel, and wants to progress his "life". He has pursuits in the arts, which he appreciates and 'enjoys'.

Repairs aren't easy, he's not exactly standard technology. Being that he's fairly new and doesn't have any sibling androids, he's a pretty complicated piece of machinery.

I'm sure I'll come up with more, this reply is subject to edit ^^
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Member Plots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Plots   Member Plots I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Aira does not remember the accident very well. She knows it happened and she remembers that her arm was pulled, but other than that she doesn't remember the rest of it due to trauma and a concussion.

I fact, because of said concussion, she has trouble remembering her home universe. She remembers as visions and experiences, of course, but sometimes they get jumbled or feel backwards. For instance, should she talk about her childhood, she might first remember something as happening when she was 8 instead of 3 years old, before logically deducing that that can't be right and attempts to place the memory in perspective. Placing the memory back into the "3 years old" file, though, proves difficult because her timeline itself is jumbled. She also frequently believes she's brand new to the ship, when, technically, she should remember that she was on the ship for a little while before the accident. As a reult, she learns things she knew before very quickly and with a sense of deja vu and learns new things very wuickly as a child would.

This could be used as a plot device eventually. Perhaps there's an attack on the ship en route to where the Avalon is. Not in warp but like, we come out of warp for some reason. We're attacked and while the ship is defended the entire thing shakes, causing injuries and damages across the ship. during the event, Aira's memories are triggered and she suffers another concussion. She goes into shock and is knocked out. She wakes up a little later (dunno what I'd do in the meantime, but IC time moves quickly...I'd be willing to play an enemy or something if you like during that time.) and after being declared fit for service she goes back to her duties but she finds herself overemotional and scared for some reason. she doesn't understand why, because while she reacts on her emotions, she doesn't understand them (she's more intellect oriented). She's sent back to Sickbay. Eventually she regains control of her memory and understands that the accident affected her far worse than she thought it did. She remembers losing most of the Medical and Engineering crew and lots of others, and her timeline is set straight in her head. She's able to start moving on and feels a lot braver about her duties and her place on the ship. She sets her eyes on CMO, since she feels that that rank represents he ability to do everything in her power to make sure others aren't hurt like she was.

:shrugs: Perhaps too detailed, but that's an idea. I see this happening alongside other plots. I mean, gather together 2-3 different plots and you got yourself an episode. n_n
Back to top Go down
Sevens
Administrator
Sevens

Member Plots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Plots   Member Plots I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm

pretty good start guys. Aira' very detailed we could definitely turn that into something. Tarek, well, you know there's always a lot of neat plots to have with an android XD
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Member Plots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Plots   Member Plots I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:40 am

A great idea! We will be sure to add these in as our little (side) plots to keep the crew entertained between main plots. (Maybe one could even become part of the main plot, who knows!)

Keep them coming in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.starship-horizon.net
Sponsored content

Member Plots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Plots   Member Plots I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Member Plots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Starship Horizon :: OOC :: Suggestions-
Jump to: