PostSubject: Aira Harper's Application   Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:36 pm

--------------- Form Response ---------------

01 - Character Name = Aira Harper
02 - Character Age = 19
03 - Character Race = Imperial/Human
04 - Rank = Cadet
05 - Position Applying For = Medical
06 - Other =
07 - Agreements = I agree to be online/active at LEAST one day a week (Unless I give notice that I can't get online for that week), I agree to follow ALL guild OOC rules., I understand that though my application may be approved that I must still pass the 'initial interview/RP'
08 - Character Description = Appearance/Personality/History:

Aira Harper is 5’7” with fair, but healthful, skin, curly auburn hair, and sky blue eyes. Her build is lithe with long legs; sort of a swimmer or runner’s build, but she’s not /too/ thin. Overall, she’s not quite plain, but she’s not totally eye catching either.

Harper hates the spotlight with a passion. To her, being called out is embarrassing, be it for reprimand or commendment. A compliment is nice, but too much and she shrinks away from the attention. She prefers to stay somewhat invisible, remembered as a part of the team and for who she is and what she's done, but she's not one taking charge or being expected to answer a question on the spot. She’ll do her best, but she knows she might slip up. The mother hen type, she cares for others easily and watches their backs, but she does so from afar, not getting too close and usually the other party doesn’t even realize she’s watching them.

Until she actually is in charge. Then, she shines. If no one else will step to the front, Harper will volunteer and she’ll do her best. And if someone is placed in her care, there are no arguments, there is no hesitation, there is no distance. That person is hers and she will help them and defend them with her life.

Aira Harper signed up to join the Horizon with her friend, Idazi. Together they studied and together they scored well on aptitude tests, eventually, unfortunately, ending up on separate ships. Even so, they remain friends. Harper’s family consists of her mother (an artist), her dad (a deliveryman), two younger sisters, and a dog; all miss her, but they support her decision and make sure to always send their love across deep space.

09 - Sample RP post = Harper turned at the sound to look down the hall, unfamiliar with the chiming of these doors. Noticing that it was only a visitor for a fellow cadet, she quickly returned to her work, trying not to listen in or watch as she was prone to do. Her blue eyes pinned the small device in her hands with a severe look, reading the words scrolling across it with enough force that a small part of her brain was afraid she’d break it.

After a good fifteen minutes, she was halfway through the coding, but her eyes hurt and watered and she forced herself to look away. 'It’s okay to slow down, Aira,' she thought to herself. 'You have plenty of time and you need to make sure you do this right… Note to self: attempt to get more sleep off duty.'

With a swipe of her wrist, her eyes were dry again and she settled into a focused zone as she finished her scan.

10 - Abilitiys/Skills/Strengths = + Aira is a natural runner and has high stamina for full body work outs.
+ She’s a decent shot, but better at close combat.
+ She has a strong intuition. Whether this intuition is a psychic gift or a powerful sense of perception into people, she’s not sure. But she can sense lies and has a talent for analyzing other people psychologically.
+ She’s able to make due with what she has.
+ She’s good at improvising makeshift and long term solutions to problems.
+ She’s naturally able to compartmentalize feelings for later “evaluation.”
+ She’s able to remain mostly consciously objective.
+ She works well alone.
+ Excellent secret keeper; she hears and observes a lot but she doesn't blab.
+ Notably paranoid...
11 - Weaknesses = - Her upper body strength is lacking, making pull ups hard to do and heavy weapons difficult to wield. Transferring people around stretchers and such would also be difficult.
- She’s not one for initiative, more than happy to let someone else take the lead. She’s better for support positions. She’s usually nice, possibly too nice, and often ends up the last in line to eat or the one holding the door open for everyone else.
- She’s more emotional than she thinks, and things may upset her to the point she’s acting off, but doesn’t even realize it.
- Her mind works on a whole other level than her heart, so sometimes she can’t form a proper opinion even though she’s able to analyze objectively.
- Occasionally, her emotions get the better of her and she often turns them inward if there’s nothing to take them out on. She will not take them out on other people, animals, plants, or even machinery that she thinks just /might/ possibly maybe have a consciousness of some sort.
- She needs to work at being in a group.
- ......Notably paranoid...
12 - Other = OOC:

+ Just in case, Aira Harper ( EYE - ruh) is not named after anyone from RL or fiction. The name is original, as far as I know.

+ Using astrological symbols, which can be helpful sometimes, she’s pretty much 100% Aquarian, but with a powerful emotional (like, Piscean) center that doesn’t let her remain as coldly objective as she wishes she could be.

+ Some traits, weaknesses, and/or strengths may not play out the right way in RP, such as intuition. So character deviation may occur.

--------------- End of Form ---------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.starship-horizon.net
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Aira Harper's Application   Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Great app! The longest one I've read so far!
You have been accepted to take the initial interview with an admin (you may request an admin if you wish, otherwise it will be random.)
Back to top Go down
Willow

PostSubject: Re: Aira Harper's Application   Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Thanks! I apologize for the length. ._. And I am fine with Random, I don't have any requests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Aira Harper's Application   Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Willow wrote:
Thanks! I apologize for the length. ._. And I am fine with Random, I don't have any requests.

Just give a whisper to me in game on the character when you're ready to begin the interview Smile
Back to top Go down
Willow

PostSubject: Re: Aira Harper's Application   Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:41 pm

Alright, will do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aira Harper's Application   

Back to top Go down

Aira Harper's Application
View previous topic View next topic Back to top